Central Penn will field women’s and men’s cross country teams with a total of 13 runners (11 women and two men). They will participate in five events this season, including two intercollegiate invitationals. The first event––the Ben and Tim Day 5K–– is this Saturday, Aug. 25, at Hershey High School.
Coach Adrienne Thoman is looking forward to a fun-filled season for both teams. “They have lots of different levels of experience, but I love how everyone is embracing the challenge,” says Thoman, who also serves as activities director for the college.
Here’s the 2018 cross country team’s schedule:
- Saturday, Aug. 25 – Ben and Tim Day 5K, Hershey High School (timed community event)
- Saturday, Sept. 1 – 5K From Hell, Wernersville (timed community event)
- Saturday, Sept. 8 – LVC Dutchmen Invitational, Lebanon Valley College (intercollegiate)
- Saturday, Sept. 15 – Charger Invitational, Lancaster Bible College (intercollegiate)
- Saturday, Sept. 22 – Watermelon Blaster 5K, Lancaster (timed community event)